Our doors open at 10:30 am each Sunday.
Our worship Services beginning at 11:00 am with fellowship and refreshments to follow.
- 2323.September.SundayAll Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United Stateshttp://www.aswuu.org/event/leaving-cuba-our-journey-to-american-presented-by-ely-moore/All Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United StatesAll Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United Stateshttp://www.aswuu.org/event/building-bridges-buddhism-waking-up-right-living-presented-by-kellie-parker-2/All Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United States
Terms and Fundamental Precepts
1. Humanists believe religion is a product of human history and culture. (God did not invent religion; people invented religion
2. This is the only life we know of and understand. (Whatever we may think happens after we die, Humanists agree this life on earth is the only life we can be sure of—the one we experience, understand, and can take responsibility for.)
3. We—and no other, supernatural force—are each responsible for ourselves, for others, and for the Earth.
4. We have values, ethics, and a sense of right and wrong which we activate without threats of judgment, punishment, or reward from a supernatural force.
5. Reason, logic and our own observations and experiences are the natural and valid bases for human knowledge.
6. We should be agents of peace and justice. Religious Humanists believe meaning-making and ethical living are strengthened when sought in community.
Religious Humanism—a humanist philosophy within a religious tradition.
Secular Humanism—a humanist philosophy fully separate from religious tradition or beliefs.
Ethical Society/Ethical Culture Society—a humanistic religious and educational movement inspired by the ideal that the supreme aim of human life is working to create a more humane society. No centralized organization; all societies are independent.
- 2424.September.MondayNo events
- 2525.September.TuesdayNo events
- 2626.September.WednesdayNo events
- 2727.September.ThursdayNo events
- 2828.September.FridayNo events
- 2929.September.SaturdayNo events
Families may arrive early to settle in their children with our Religious Education staff.
We emphasize and integrate the 49 Character First! Qualities focusing on the “Character Quality of the Week” each week.
Each week the character quality is shared during our service along with a children’s story in front of our congregation.