Our Services begin at 11 am on Sundays with fellowship and refreshments following. Please remember to bring donations of shelf-stable foods and canned goods to add to our greater collection for our local food bank.
- 1010.September.SundayAll Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United Stateshttp://www.aswuu.org/event/water-communion-homecoming/All Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United States
The Water Communion, also sometimes called Water Ceremony, was first used at a Unitarian Universalist (UU) worship service in the 1980s. Many UU congregations now hold a Water Communion once a year, often at the beginning of the new church year (September).
Members bring to the service a small amount of water from a place that is special to them. During the appointed time in the service, people one by one pour their water together into a large bowl. As the water is added, the person who brought it tells why this water is special to them. The combined water is symbolic of our shared faith coming from many different sources.
- 1111.September.MondayNo events
- 1212.September.TuesdayNo events
- 1313.September.WednesdayNo events
- 1414.September.ThursdayNo events
- 1515.September.FridayNo events
- 1616.September.SaturdayNo events