Our Services begin at 11 am on Sundays with fellowship and refreshments following. Please remember to bring donations of shelf-stable foods and canned goods to add to our greater collection for our local food bank and feminine hygiene products for the Homeless Period Project.
- 3030.October.SundayAll Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United Stateshttp://www.aswuu.org/event/rev-peter-lanzillotta/All Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United States
“Columbus, Culture, and Consciousness”The Reverend Peter Edward Lanzillotta, Ph.D. is a transplanted New Englander.
He received his early academic training at Boston University, Roger Williams University, Suffolk University, and Andover-Newton Theological School. Later he earned a certificate in Spiritual Formation at the Shalem Institute in Washington, DC.. In 1995, he completed his doctorate in Theology and Spirituality at Greenwich University, School of Theology in London, England.
Peter had been a Unitarian Universalist minister since 1982. He retired from active parish ministry in 2012. Currently, he maintains a private practice in interfaith spiritual direction and interfaith life coaching. Peter brings his more emotional and openhearted approach to the interfaith and inclusive ministry in a way that honors and preserves the past while enthusiastically embracing change.
Trained as a theologian, he prefers an interfaith or inclusive approach to religion and to spirituality. One of his mentors, Matthew Fox, founder of the modern understanding of Creation Spirituality, sees the new definition of ministry as being “post-denominational theologians” or “priests of the new paradigm”. Peter serves on the National Board for Creation Spirituality Communities that promotes an inclusive, progressive ecological approach to spirituality and community.
As a self described “Renaissance man”, Peter sees himself as an Italian “Fiddler on the Roof”– one who is trying to keep his balance, who is learning to enjoy life’s insecurities, and actively seeks the grace and wisdom it takes to dance through each day’s challenges.
- 3131.October.MondayNo events
- 0101.November.TuesdayAll Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United Stateshttp://www.aswuu.org/event/dumb-supper/All Souls Waccamaw UU Church, South Carolina 707, Myrtle Beach, SC, United States
This is a meal eaten in silence as we invite our dearly departed to join us for supper. Please bring a dish to share and a photo or memento of your loved one(s) to place on the table if you wish. Because this is a silent event it is most appropriate for adults and older kids. Please RSVP to me at email@example.com so we will know how many places to set.
- 0202.November.WednesdayNo events
- 0303.November.ThursdayNo events
- 0404.November.FridayNo events
- 0505.November.SaturdayNo events